These are a compilation of links that I think are especially useful. The links may connect you with a service that I recommend or a very useful resource. I'll try to provide a short description. Enjoy!
Oregon HB2918, Oregon's Autism Insurance bill that went into effect Jan 1, 2008.
- KindTree-Autism Rocks is a great local non-profit that celebrates autism and provides fun programming and recreational activities for families and children.
- Bridgeway House is another great local non-profit that provides and coordinates social groups, support groups, home programs, and other community events.
- Lane County Developmental Disability Case Managers are a great resource to help coordinate, or even help fund, services for families - whether in crisis or not.
- Autism Society of Oregons mission is to empower individuals with Autism, their families and their service providers to improve the quality of their lives through support and information.
- Barbara Avila is a great RDI consultant in the Southwest Portland area.
Other Helpful Links Around the Internet
- An RDI Blog set up by a colleague, Ravid Tahar, in Toronto. She has set out to write short articles that explain important topics in RDI, while providing a place for families to communicate and share ideas.
- An RDI Blog set up by Laura DeAngelo, a mother of a child with autism. She is also an RDI consultant. She offers an interesting and helpful perspective.